Polo G is wanting again on his brush with loss of life.
In honor of his “Heartless” video surpassing 100 million views on YouTube, the Chicago rapper took to Instagram to have fun the milestone whereas revealing that he was hospitalized after virtually overdosing on capsules proper earlier than the video shoot.
“Again story Fa Dat video I used to be Recent out the hospital mattress From virtually overdosing Onnem capsules,” he informed his followers.
However he was capable of bounce again in time to movie the video. “I pop proper again out & Shoot Dat Video now dat Bitch Platinum w 100ms By it.”
The Mustard-produced track, which seems on Polo’s 2020 album The Goat, has since been licensed platinum.
This isn’t the primary time Polo has shared his battle with medicine. Again in December, the 23-year-old rapper recalled a near-death expertise the place he overdosed on 17 capsules in at some point.
“After I awakened, I used to be within the hospital,” he mentioned, in line with Advanced. “And my pops was simply explaining to me like, ‘Yeah, man, they mentioned you’d had been right here any second, even a minute later, you wouldn’t have made it. You most likely might’ve handed.’”
Polo admitted that he had no recollection of what occurred. “They was simply strolling me by means of every thing that occurred that day, as a result of I actually didn’t bear in mind in any respect. I believe it was like 17 capsules I had took in at some point, about 15 Xanax and two [Ecstasy] capsules.”
The scary incident compelled him to get sober. “In order that simply made me suppose, like realizing that I received my son, that I received to decelerate off that. And that made me stop X and Xanax all collectively.”
Polo will be seen alongside PGF Nuk within the video for “Waddup,” which dropped Friday.